Summer Reading 2018
Optional: Also, here is a list of suggested books from the Kindergarten teachers as you get ready for the first day!
1. The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
2. Leo the Late Bloomer by Robert Kraus
3. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin
4. First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg
5. Crysanthemum by Kevin Henkes
6. Froggy Goes to School by Jonathan London
7. The Night Before Kindergarten by Natasha Wing
8. Mommy in My Pocket by Carol Hunt Senderak
9. Clifford Goes to Kindergarten by Norman Bridwell
10. Wemberly Worried by Kevin Henkes
11. Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten by Joseph Slate
12. Kindergarten, Here I Come! by D.J. Steinberg
13. Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes by James Dean and Eric Litwin
Although no specific books are required, we hope you'll enjoy some of the recommended titles below!
Our themes are curiosity, creativity, animals and nature!
A Nest is Noisy by Dianna Hutts Aston
An Egg is Quiet by Dianna Hutts Aston
Animal Architects: Amazing Animals Who Build Their Homes by Daniel Nassar
Animal Doctors: Incredible Ways Animals Heal Themselves by Angie Trius and Mark Doran
Please read two or more books from any of these suggested series that explore different parts of the country and the world.
Although only one of each series is listed below, feel free to enjoy a different title set in a locale you'll be visiting this summer, or someplace you dream of visiting some day!
You can read two books from two different series or keep reading within the same series; your choice!
The Grand Canyon Burros that Broke by Steve Brezenoff
This 6th grade starts out with some local field trips but then travels all over the country. Read in any order!
Amber Brown is Not a Crayon by Paula Danziger
In this first book, Amber, her best friend Justin, and the rest of their 3rd grade class go on virtual field trips to every continent. The rest of the series stays close to home. :)
The Year of the Dog by Grace Lin
Taiwanese-American Pacy shares her Chinese culture with us, and we learn about Taiwan from her mother's entertaining stories of her own childhood. In the third book, Dumpling Days, Pacy actually travels to Taiwan.
Take a look at the "Suggested Books by Genre List"
Read three books according to the instructions below:
Do three projects according to the instructions below:
Bring the finished projects to school on the first day!